How to Order Permits:
- Width Maximum: 9 feet
- Height Maximum: 13 feet 6 inches
- Length: Single vehicle- 40 feet
- Truck tractor and semi-trailer- 58 feet
- Truck tractor with full and semi-trailer- 65 feet
- Truck tractor for agricultural purposes- 65 feet (semi-trailer cannot exceed 45 feet)
- Beyond the extremity of the vehicle- 4 feet or less horizontally (An escort vehicle is required for a horizontal projection over 4 feet)
- Beyond the front tires and above the roadway surface- 7-13 feet 6 inches vertically
- Vehicles carrying pipes, poles, timber, or other objects that cannot be readily dismembered do not have to adhere to these limitations as long as the loads are properly marked.
Weight when the distance between the axles is:
- Overweight Permit (in excess of 1.35 times the allowable load)- $25
- Oversize Permit (For width in excess of 14 feet)- $25
Payments can be made in the form of cash, money order, check or electronic funds transfer.
For the owner of any vehicle or combination of vehicles found to be operating in violation of these terms and conditions will be subject to penalties. For more information on specific penalties you can http://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/files/2012/12/HAR19-104.pdf, and view section 291-37.
HVUT is Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, an excise tax assessed annually on heavy vehicles operating on public highways at registered gross weights equal to or exceeding 55,000 pounds
IFTA is the international Fuel Tax Agreement and is a tax collection agreement by and among the 48 contiguous states and the 10 Canadian provinces bordering the US, in which motor fuel use taxation laws uniformly with respect to that agreement.